Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dome Cinema








I wish I had started my addiction to the Dome Cinema earlier.
I'm kicking myself for all the great films I have missed but to see such a great classic as Breakfast at Tiffanys for me really was the perfect beginning.
The elegance of Audrey Hepburn and the dome room mesh perfectly, lounging in the giant bean bags there were moments of pure pleasure, so wonderful to be sharing these moments with Audrey a flower on her wallpaper or a member of her fabulous party.
Good taste in films and giant beanbags are not everything... not quite.
Sally is the wonderful hostess of the evening, by standing at the back of the room she will politely but firmly let you know that we will be waiting a few more minutes for the poor souls that are running late. She is the queen of the night. At intermission (who ever decided that intermissions were to be cancelled?) everyone stumbles sleepily to the cafe, stocking up on delicious salty popcorn and another glass of wine. Pizzas purchased by the wise were delivered to their beanbags, Sally dong's her gong again indicating there is to be no dilly-dallying and the film begins again.

Applause.

Visit the web-site for films and times.
http://www.domecinema.co.nz/

Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment