Saturday, September 12, 2009

Makarori Hill






Another Sunday outing... I know it may be getting a little boring but it is the only day of the week that I get anywhere outside the city centre. Makarori hill isn't much further I suppose, maybe a 12 or so minute drive from the city. It is the big hill that links Wainui beach and Makarori (Makanui to the local surfers, if I remember rightly) so you can imagine that the views are breathtaking and large, very large. You can see up and down the coast and Young Nicks Head can be seen peaking between two large hills.
You can either enter from the south end, but I think that this is the side you come from if you want a fast steep climb. Preferably head up a little further and dart into the car-park opposite an olive grove. This side is more scenic and leisurely. Wander through long grasses and gnarly gum trees and the wondrous view will open up in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment