Friday, September 11, 2009

Botanical Gardens





I know its cliche and predictable, but the Botanical Gardens are actually really very beautiful. Being bought up in Gisborne the Gardens always seemed as though they were for visitors only. Why on earth would you go somewhere like that in you own town? Since I have began living in the center of town I have learnt to appreciate what is on my doorstep. I don't have my own garden nor do I have a piece of grass to call my own so any public walkways and parks are now my own backyard and I have
become an strong advocate for these beautiful places.
The Botanical Gardens run alongside the river (which my boyfriend thinks is incredibly ugly) but for some reason I love no matter the tide, there are many different areas...Japanese gardens, native forest and even an Australian corner. Its all wonderful so spend a lazy afternoon wandering around with a delicious Mojo Coffee in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment